Search This Blog

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Trail of Blood by S.J. Rozan

What a surprise, the book had everything against it in my eyes, the cover didn't inspire me, I do not like authors with initials it just seems so impersonal to me, so I nearly changed my mind.

The book was set in New York in Chinatown with PI's Lydia Chin and Bill Smith, it was a new refreshing read, a bit long winded in places but most enjoyable



Quote
Taken from Amazon -

Nobody nails New York like SJ Rozan. Finally, we get to discover American crime writing's best-kept secret. I've loved Lydia Chin and Bill Smith for years and I guarantee you will too. -- Val McDermid

One of my favourite crime writers...S.J. Rozan can write sentences that make my jaw literally drop. She's as good a prose stylist as I've seen in a long, long time...to read S.J. Rozan is to experience the kind of pure pleasure that only a master can deliver --Dennis Lehane

Rozan paints with the full palette of the human heart, using a depth, detail, and nuance of character I haven't seen since Chandler --Robert Crais

Two of my favourite characters in crime fiction --Linda Fairstein

With the Bill Smith and Lydia Chin mysteries, S.J. Rozan has written the most consistently compelling series of detective novels published in this decade... --George Pelecanos

No comments:

Post a Comment