Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 July 2011

On a journey!

For a while now i have felt i am being lead on a journey to i know not where, it started about September 2009, i would guess, all though my faith and belief is strong, my knowledge and commitment needed more focus, i began Bible study, and as my knowledge and commitment to God grew, so did my feeling of being on a journey to do something, i know not what.

One of the keystones of this Journey (so far) was my Baptism on the 13th March 2011, but the feeling is growing that God has a lot more in store for me, i know not what.

I feel compelled with the need to get more involved in Ministry and Pastoral care, but the concept is frightening.

I am not very confident with speaking in front of a congregation and communication with people, also i do have a tendancy to carry peoples problems with me and can't let go, i get so worried about other peoples problems, but have difficulty showing it as i don't want to appear to be interfering, this is where i need to learn to show my compassion, while respecting a persons need for privacy, while caring enough, not letting it worry me so much it drags me and my family down (if that makes sense).

I always have been very empathic, but maybe this is why i am being led in this direction, to challenge myself, i need and want this challege.

I am also very keen to make churchs more approachable for people not used to churches and less intimidating, i overheard at church some months ago someone saying to a visitor in church, that she was saving a chair for her friend!!

I feel that this is a challenging time for myself and the church, reading church magazines and literature, there is a lot of good happening which is so moving and inspirational.

I would love to go on a christian course or workshop of some description.

No comments:

Post a Comment