Search This Blog

Thursday 21 June 2012

Hunstanton Brownies 1992 - 2012

Last Thursday i sent in my resignation from Hunstanton Brownies for the following reasons

I have not been happy in Guiding for quite some time for several reasons -

  • Lack of communication, this seems to be the norm these days in District, Division and County, a small group make a decision then take it to meetings as a fait accompli, i feel it is not very democratic and with email makes the need for meetings obsolete
  • District Meetings, since we moved how we did District Meetings (I understand the convenience and meanings why), it bacame very clicky and people were getting into little groups, this is the effect of being too formal and sitting round a table, the last meeting i went to, no one spoke to me, i came away upset and depressed and thought 'why do i do this'
  • Personal,  I have in recent months felt ostracised, maybe i inadvertantly said something to upset someone (if so my apologies), maybe i am being over sensitive - who knows.  I was very upset and guilt ridden with the loss of 1st Hunstanton Brownies and struggled with it, and then everything that has happened with 1st Hunstanton Scouts and Guides (even though i was not directly involved), i believe scouts and guides should work together, and this bickering and back stabbing really upset me.  I spent 20 years on that committee and for them to push out Guiding like they did was a hard thing to swallow,   The failure of my business i have found extremely hard, and at the moment hate leaving home, Bob does all the shopping and i go into town as little as possible in fact to church and back is the most i venture.
  • Health, it is no secret that in recent months i have been struggling with 2 painful knees and 1 hip, and sometimes i have found the brownie meetings extremely difficult, and i often do not feel very productive/helpful for you or the Brownies.


This decision has been months in the making but already i feel the big hole in my life that Guiding is leaving, and i may well regret this decision, but at this time feel it is the right decision, nothing is set in stone so who knows what will happen.


Moving On

My aim is to continue Brownies untill the end of term.

I have a long standing love of Hunstanton Brownies and would hate to give up my involvement completely, so perhaps my talents would be best suited in admin etc (as long as it doesn't include accounts :))  Also if you need help on the odd Brownie Meeting i would be happy to stand in. We will see what happens

I did intend to give up Senior Section but Jan Wiegand persuaded me to continue at least for the foreseeable future.

I have given up Girlguiding Norfolk website as well.

I started with Girlguidin as an Assistant Brownie Leader in 1992 which means i have been involved for 20 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment