Search This Blog

Thursday 8 November 2012

Difficulties



Thursday 8th November 2012

My quality of life and living is so  bad I don’t know what to do or where to turn.

Knees and Hip - I am in constant pain in my knees and left hip, at times my legs become hot and throbbing like they are on fire and running a temperature on their own.

Mobility and Balance - I have little mobility every movement is stiff and painful, my balance is very precarious and I am always bumping into things, tripping over and nearly falling over.

Right Hand - I often have very painful numb tingling right hand, which leads to pain in my right arm and shoulder, this can be caused by repetitive jobs like sewing, ironing etc and is often bad during the night.

Weight  - I am seriously overweight, and nothing seems to work, I have fought this battle for many years with little help and support.

Exercise – You need to exercise to lose weight, but the more exercise I do the more pain I am in, and the pain could last for several days.

Cold – I get very cold, this could be because we have no central heating.  But when the pain is at its worse I get very cold.

Teeth - I have broken, falling out teeth which makes my mouth uncomfortable, as well as making me self conscious about my appearance. We just can’t afford the dentist and I am nervous of attending.

Exhaustion – I am completely worn out and exhausted, I have never felt this tired.

Depression – I am depressed and lonely, I am miserable, lethargic and cannot concentrate, tears, anger and frustration are becoming part of every day life, I lack coping skills, I miss doing the things I used to like going for walks.

Doctors – I know I should go to the Doctors more, but am afraid to do so.

Home – I have a lot of difficulty getting up and down the steps to get in and out of home, I put off going out, because I know I will have to go up the steps again. To manage the steps I lean heavily on the step rail and when it is wet, it is very slippery and is an accident waiting to happen.  I also have difficulty opening the van door when holding a bag. It is a long walk to get to the shops, it is too much for me.  The Council will not house us as we are too young and have no dependants.

Work – Work is a struggle, some days I do not know how to cope with the pain and agony and getting through the day is a trial.  I suffer badly when I get home from work, and the pain lasts for several hours after work and at times can last for days.

Finance – We are living below the breadline, we cannot afford to realistically live and are not entitled to benefits, either housing or income support.

Potential solutions

Give up work – I enjoy work it keeps me active gives me purpose, I meet people – alternative sit at home feeling sorry for myself and my worse nightmare watching daytime TV, however financially we just could not cope.

Faith – Put my Difficulties in Gods hands, through prayer and Faith.  This is what I want to do and should do, but I find this difficult when coping with the here and now. However, it does not undermine my commitment to my Faith.

To sum it up

Why Live when my quality of life is non existant and there is not likely to be any improvement.

As part of my morning routine I take the following Supplements

Soluable Vitamin C
Multivitamins
Glucomsomine Sulphate
Cod Liver Oil
Vitamin D
Apple Cider Vinegar

Prescribed Medication

Naproxen 500mg
Co-Codamol 500mg (Solpadol) as and when needed

No comments:

Post a Comment