Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 May 2011

My Favourite Readings

Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.
This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,
“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Psalm 34:18 (New International Version)

18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted
   and saves those who are crushed in spirit.


2 Corinthians 4:8 (New International Version)

8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;

1 Timothy 4:11 (New International Version)

 11 Command and teach these things.

1 Corinthians 13:3 (New International Version)

3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[a] but do not have love, I gain nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment