Search This Blog

Monday 20 September 2010

Amy's 90th Birthday Party

It was supposed to be a surprise party but someone at church let the cat out of the bag last sunday.
I have known Amy Reynolds for about 35 years i suppose.  First as my DS (Domestic Science, Cookery, Home Economics) teacher at Hunstanton Secondary Modern School.  During my school years she scared me to death, she made me feel so inferior and lack of confidence.  Then i met her again about 25 years ago when i went on the committee of 1st Hunstanton Scouts and Guides, i have met up with her many times since during my Guiding duties.  Over the years she has mellowed.
The party was in a neighbours garden Kate Crossman, at 5 Astley Crescent.  Unfortunately, it tipped it down with rain all the time, typical bank holiday weather, we were in a marquee and had lovely food and drink, Amys family came over from Germany, America, Slovenia, as well as all over the UK, it was a pleasant couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment