Search This Blog

Sunday 19 September 2010

Yoga

19th April 2010

I am so confused, my yoga has been an integral part of my life now for 20 years, but there is an attitude that Yoga goes against  Christian beliefs, and my Christian faith is important to me.  I know the roots of Yoga are Hindu, however, as far as i am concerned it is just a gently form of breathing and stretching exercises, in my class there is no led meditation or nothing to suggest religion.
I purchased a book and DVD entitled Praise Moves The Christian alternative to Yoga http://praisemoves.com/, but a lot of the exercises are the same with different names, and i would not gain the support and benefit as well as regular weekly commitment that i get from attending a class.
I wish i knew the answer this is causing me stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment