Search This Blog

Saturday 19 March 2011

My Baptism

On Sunday 13th March 2011, i woke up a bag of nerves, i only wish my children would be there with me, oh well this is to be as expected that they couldn't be bothered, but it still hurts.

I arrived at Church to a lovely warm atmosphere, there at my invitation was Mum, Bob, Jan and Holly Wiegand and Hilary Letch, and Janet Lawrence and yes, Jen, Andy and the children actually turned up.

Also present was Elaine and Richard Bird and Mayor Elect Carol Bower.

Bob has been helping to set up the sound system, as they have had problems, so went off to do that.




 It started off with the hymn 689 Thine be the Glory then the prayer and offering, the reading was Romans 6 v 1-12.

Then David read out the message.

Then it was my Hymn choice 133 Father I place into your hands here i fell apart and started crying, then i plucked up courage to go and read my Testimony, and i dont think i did too badly.


Then it was Joanna Forts turn her choice of hymn was 37 As the deer pants, followed by her testimony.

Then it was Sandys turn her choice was hymn 857 I the Lord of Sea and Sky followed by Sandys testimony.

Then came Carols Hymn choice Hymn 41 At the Name of Jesus, Carol didn't feel able to do a Testimony.

Then Janet Groom did the Prayers for all of us being baptised.

Then it was the time for the Baptisms

1st Carol, followed by the Chorus of 367 Jesus is Lord

Then it was my turn it was very moving, although i paniced when i was underwater, then Sophie held the towel as i got out and Bob came to help me, then the Chorus of 220 He is Lord was sung, afterwards i wrapped in a towel i went to join Carol and we had a hug.

Then it was Joannas turn followed by verse 1 of Hymn 281 I lift my eyes.

Then it was Sandys turn who was the only one of us who elected to be baptised backwards followed by Chorus of 367 Jesus is Lord.

We then went into the toilet to get dry and changed and afterwards came back out. Bernard had been telling a messaged and then the Hymn 708 To God be the Glory.

 When we came out Fergus present all of us with certificates.

Finishing with the Hymn 501 O Jesus i have promised.

It was a wonderful service, and people came upto me afterwards and hugged and kissed me and gave me loads of card altogether i had 21 Cards.  I was also given a bunch of flowers from the Church. It was beautiful and moving. An amazing Day.


Cards I received

Bob
Mum and Dad - Bought me a book The wind through the Reeds poems by Jenny Whybrow
David and Ruth Hulse - Bought me a book Psalms to Soothe a Womans Heart
Jenny and Andy Smith - 'On the day of Baptism the angels said a prayer that God would always bless you and keep you in his care'
Carol and Fergus
Christine Taverner - 'May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit' Rom18:13
Sandy Nizol
Eve Eates
Barry and Janet Eastwood - Thank God for your step in Faith
Sue Richardson - 'Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord lies upon you'  Isiah 60:1,
John and Margaret Loose - You have been a very faithful soul
Janet and Tony Groom - 'I am the way, the truth and the life' John 14: 6
Mary and Dave Brown
Kim - 'In the Ocean of Life, faith is the anchor of the soul'
Ray and Miriam Hodson and Penny Pinder

Joanna Fort - Thank you for being you and your support
Chris and Gerald Hall
Alison Girling
Janet and Richard Lawrence
Pam and Roger Smith
Linda Lee

Best wishes and apologies
Susanne Durston
Wendy and Peter Andrews

When Sue Richardson handed me her card she said that she felt the word shine was being sent to her by God so she put it in her card 'Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord lies upon you'  Isiah 60:1, the amazing thing was just before i left Joanna said to me 'you are shining'  amazing that 2 different people picked on the same phrase, and during Tuesday Bible study the term was used.

After church we were invited to Stevens for lunch with Sophie and Dylan, we had Jacket Potato, Salad and Trimmings, with a home baked coffee cake nicely decorated by Steven, after lunch we went a walk along Dersingham Heath and finished up climbing a tree.

Which was great, i climbed a tree when was the last time wow, God has done amazing things today, i am walking on air.

Then we had to go because Bob had to go to work.

I got home and Andy and Jen made us tea, with another special cake, a bought chocolate one this time.

What a fantastic amazing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment