Search This Blog

Thursday 24 March 2011

Stevens Depression

 This is taken from Stevens Blog

10 years ago I was suffering a server bout of depression it happened when me and my then wife separated. I couldn't deal with being a part-time parent to my little daughter. Things got so bad for me that I and could not cope and I was unable to ask for help and I tried to commit suicide and even after that the Hunstanton surgery didn't seem that bothered to help me needless to say I ended back in hospital.

I did eventually get most of the help I needed (other then the GP wouldn't give me any medication) and I slowly recover.

Things have been getting on top of me more recently, my daughter Kira and Jude have not been getting along and I have been stuck in the middle. Work has been dragging me down as well I still enjoy the work however I am finding it increasingly difficult deal with the bosses.

Also I should be jumping for joy we have a baby on the way but I still feel a little indifferent about it which isn't helping

Lucky I this time around I have a better GP and when I told them I was having trouble they sorted me out to see someone and have put me on some medication.

There is help out there don't be afraid to talk to someone

No comments:

Post a Comment