Search This Blog

Friday 15 April 2011

Learn how to receive

In my Bible Study notes Word for Today, todays reading opened with:-

Some of us know how to give, but not receive.  As a result we fail to reach our growth potential or accomplish what God planned for us.

I found this sentence quite thought provoking, it is a great failing of mine, but is it a failing on the other side it could mean i am selfish which is abhorrant to me, i am ready to give and help anyone whenever i can.  But when it comes to myself, i find it very hard asking for and admitting i need help. Even asking close family and husband for help is a problem to me, i have this need to be self sufficient.

Even in my prayerlife, i can pray for other people, but find it most difficult and self centred to pray for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment