Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 10 (Wednesday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Mark chapters 12 through 14

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “‘And you shall love the Lord your God with all
your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.’ This is the
first commandment. And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as
yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these” Mark 12:30, 31).


What does it mean? We miss a lot if we just glance over these scriptures thinking
God gave us these commandments just because He didn’t want us to be drawn away
into idol worship. Everything God does is for our benefit and out of His enormous love
for us.

While pondering this scripture it occurred to me how immensely practical the
Lord is. By making the primary commandment love, God is helping build us several
different ways. 1. He is enabling us to stay close to Him (“God is love”17); 2. He is
teaching us to give sacrificially (“For God so loved the world that He gave His only
begotten Son”18); 3. He is helping us build our faith (“faith working through love”19); 4.
He is giving us a weapon to fight fear (“Perfect love casts out fear”20); and He is
ensuring our victory (“Love never fails”21).
Let’s identify with love today by inserting ourselves into 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8 with
the following:

Today I proclaim (say aloud): By God’s grace I identify with the love of God. I am
patient and kind. I do not envy. I do not parade myself or show off, nor am I puffed up
with pride. I do not behave rudely, nor do I seek after my own fulfillment or gratification. I
am not easily provoked. I think no evil. I do not rejoice in evil, but I rejoice in the truth. I
bear all things, believe all things, hope all things, and endure all things. I never fail
because love never fails. Love never fails because God never fails, and God is love.
(Praise the Lord for who He is and for filling you with His love.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:


Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Biscuit

Lunch,
Cheese and tomato toastie
Yoghurt

Snack,
Biscuit

Dinner

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 minutes power praise,  10566 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, I love You with all my heart and soul, and all
the wealth and resources I possess. I hold nothing back from You. I love my neighbor
as I love myself. I am able to love, Lord, because You first loved me. I do not hate
myself, nor do I hate others. I choose to walk in love today and I will not fulfill the selfish
desires of my carnal nature.

Reflections on the day

No comments:

Post a Comment