Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Day 19 (Friday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: John chapters 12 through 16

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who
abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing” (John
15:5).

What does it mean? Just as the branches cannot bear fruit without the vine, the
vine cannot bear fruit without the branches.
What is the fruit of the Christian life? We have discussed the fruit of the Spirit
being developed in our lives (love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control33). There’s the fruit of leading others to the
Lord,34 and the fruit of giving aid and finances to help others.35 The sacrifice of praise to
God is offering “the fruit of our lips.”36 Good works and meeting the needs of others for
the glory of God also bear fruit.37
The beauty of bearing fruit in the Lord’s vineyard is that the harvest is continual,
not seasonal. The fruit is not short-lived, nor does it wither and die. The fruit we bear by
abiding in the Vine is eternal. Jesus said, “And he who reaps receives wages, and
gathers fruit for eternal life, that both he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice
together” (John 4:35).

Perhaps you have been sowing seeds of love and service into the lives of others
for years without seeing the fruit of your labors. You may wonder if that young man or
young woman you witnessed to all those years ago ever came to the Lord. The good
news is that eternal fruit never dies—the one who sows and the one who reaps will
rejoice together—so rejoice!

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I am a branch of the living Vine, Jesus Christ. I
abide in Him and He abides in me. Together we bear much fruit. Without Him I can do
nothing, but with Him all things are possible! (Praise the Lord for who He is and for the
opportunities He gives you to sow seeds into the lives of others, yielding eternal fruit for
God’s kingdom.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).

I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:


Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,

Lunch,
Chicken salad
Yoghurt
Snack,
Biscuits
Dinner
Sausage sandwich, crisps
Chocolate

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 min Praise Moves, 7139 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. I pray to know Your truth more fully every day.

Reflections on the day

No comments:

Post a Comment