Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 2 (Tuesday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Matthew chapters 6 through 10

My Scripture for today
: Jesus said, “But seek first the kingdom of God and His
righteousness and all these things will be added to you” (Matthew 6:33).

What does it mean? It has been said the “kingdom of heaven” refers to a place
and how things are done there, while the “kingdom of God” is God’s way of doing things
here on earth. An example of God’s way of doing things can be found in the law of
sowing and reaping. Whatever seeds we sow, whether for good or evil, will grow up
according to their kind. Plant tomato seeds, get tomatoes. Plant years of inactivity and
Twinkies, get flabby body. The good news is that once we begin planting good seeds,
we will eventually reap a good harvest—if we don’t give up. You’re planting good seeds
by choosing to follow your program today.
How do we seek after God’s way of doing things? Reading and studying His
Word, praying and taking action on what God’s Word says are some of the ways you do
that. Instead of worrying about what we are to eat or wear, or how a bill will be paid,
look to God’s way. For example, we give (or sow) before we receive (or harvest). You
will most likely take a step of faith first and stand in faith believing God’s Word is true before you actually see the physical manifestation of your answered prayers.

Remember, “the just shall live by faith.”
Today I proclaim (say aloud): I seek first the kingdom of God, God’s way of doing
things. I thank You Lord that because You gave Your Son Jesus to redeem mankind, I
am made righteous in Him.5 I seek You Lord, and am grateful You reward those who
diligently seek you.6 By faith I have everything I need. (Praise Him for who He is and for
meeting your every need.)
What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate (Confession. Use as needed – see Day One).
I start the day with a clean heart (Forgiveness. Use as needed – see Day One.)
Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas (Journal).
Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:
Breakfast,
Porridge and Orange Juice

Snack,

Lunch,
Salad Box - Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, radish, onion egg, ham, coleslaw
Yoghurt
Banana


Snack,
2 Biscuits

Dinner
Salad - Omelette

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: I did the Power Praise Walk,  Total steps today 13375

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:
Get More Active
Become more committed to God
Get more involved in Church

Three Things I commit to do today:
Go a long walk
Do my Power Praise walk along seafront
Spend time with Bob

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, as I commit my day and plans to You, I thank
You that I’m open to any change of plans You have for me. I’m Your child and I seek to
do Your will all day, every day. I love You, Father and am grateful I hear Your voice in
my heart and follow You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Reflections on the day

Another positive day, very pleased so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment