Search This Blog

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Day 18 (Thursday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: John chapters 7 through 11

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples
indeed. And you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:31, 32).

What does it mean? Some years ago I overheard the ultra-hip young star of a
popular network sitcom tell his young friend, “Hey, the truth will make ya free, man.”
Yeah, like wow.
That may sound deep and spiritual but it’s not only misquoting scripture, it’s
incorrect. If someone does not know the truth, the truth cannot make them free. Jesus
said, “And you shall know the truth…” It’s the truth that we come to know by abiding in
the Word that makes us free.

Jesus said when praying to the Father, “Your word is truth.”30 We will know the
truth by abiding (living, spending time) in the Word on a daily basis. I would be fooling
myself if I said I’m abiding in a house I rarely visit. It would be equally foolish to say I’m
abiding in the Word because I listen to a passage of Scripture once a week at church.

When I was a new Christian, there were so many areas of lack and bondage in
my life I hardly knew where to begin! One area of weakness was in the area of
diligence. I could start a project all right, but had a difficult time finishing what I started. I
began to study every scripture I could find on diligence. I memorized several of them
and spoke them over myself. For example, I learned that Proverbs 12:27 said that
“diligence is man’s precious possession.” When I would be tempted to quit something
that became difficult or uncomfortable, I’d tell myself, “Diligence is my precious
possession.” For good measure I’d throw in “The hand of the diligent makes (one) rich,
Laurette.”31 I quickly discovered that part of my financial problem was tied to a lack of
diligence. In time I became more dependable and our financial situation improved, too.
The Word is not some “magic formula” or vain repetition. We study, believe,
speak, and act upon the Word until we know that we know it’s the truth. That’s how the
truth makes us free.

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I study to show myself approved to God, a worker
who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth which sets me
free.32 (Praise the Lord for who He is and for giving you knowledge and understanding
of the truth.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Chocolate eclair

Lunch,
Chicken salad box
Banana
Snack,

Dinner
Minstrels

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 20 min praise moves, 7034 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. I pray to know Your truth more fully every day.

Reflections on the day Took Dylan pictures then had a hospital visit as well as stressful day at work

No comments:

Post a Comment