Search This Blog

Friday 12 August 2011

Day 6 (Saturday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Matthew chapters 24 through 26

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Watch and pray, lest you enter into
temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak” (Matthew 26:41).

What does it mean? The more time we spend in the things of God, the stronger
and more sensitive our spirit becomes, enabling us to overcome the temptations of the
flesh. The word for “watch” in the Greek is gregoreuo, meaning to revive and refrain
from sleep. The implication here is more than merely physical, however. We are to
watch and be awake mentally and spiritually as well.
Be mindful of the thoughts you are entertaining. Are they of God, the flesh or the
devil? If they are not of God, cast them down (kick them out!) and bring “into captivity
every thought to the obedience of Christ” (the Word of God).
Many are lulled to sleep and unaware of the snares of the enemy until after
they’ve been caught. Peter tells us to “be sober (self-controlled) and vigilant (watchful);
because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may
devour” (1 Peter 5:8).

Enjoying frequent fellowship with God and taking action on what you know to do
will strengthen your spirit and cultivate the fruits of faithfulness, patient endurance, and
self-control.

Today I proclaim : With Paul I can say that I am not ignorant of the
devil’s devices. I spend time in prayer and fellowship with the Lord every day. Under
the leadership of the Lord Jesus Christ, my spirit is in control over my flesh. When
tempted, I will not enter in, but immediately go to Jesus, the Word and prayer. I am an
overcomer and am being “strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man” (in my spirit).
(Praise the Lord for who He is and for strengthening your spirit.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?
I start the day with a clean slate
I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas .
Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:
Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

 Snack,


Lunch,
Salad Box, Banana

Snack,
Yoghurt

Dinner
Jacket pots, beans, cheese

I am afraid i had a chocolate fix:( had such a bad week

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.
My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 20 mins praise moves 5776 steps
My Top Three Goals this Year Are:
Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, thank You for strengthening me in my spirit,
soul and body today. I will be watchful today and sensitive to do what Your Holy Spirit
tells me. I place my day, my life and plans completely in Your hands, Lord and I thank
You for Your great, great love for me and my family!
Reflections on the day - i managed ok, worried might get bored with same old same old for lunch, then kira gave me an idea to have pasta or rice salad:) so that should break the monotony

No comments:

Post a Comment