Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 4 (Thursday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Matthew chapters 15 through 18

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Hear and understand: not what goes into the
mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man” (Matthew
15:10, 11).

What does it mean? Aren’t you glad God isn’t keeping information from us? He
wants us to understand. His words to us are mysteries to be revealed rather than
secrets that are concealed. Jesus said, “Hear and understand” because He wants us to
comprehend and benefit from His words to us.
Unclean food may contaminate the body, but it cannot contaminate the spirit and
soul as can the hateful, destructive words we speak.
Whatever our heart is full of will come out of our mouth. “A good man out of the
good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of
his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of his heart his mouth speaks”
(Luke 6:45).
A country preacher once said, “When your bucket gets bumped, whatever you’re
full of will spill out.” When your “bucket gets bumped” what are some of the words and
emotions that spill out of you? Well, grab hold of your tongue and zip your lip if you have
to do so! You don’t have to say everything that comes to mind you know (now, that was
a revelation to me!).
As important as clean, healthy food is, make sure your words are equally
unsoiled, positive and full of the “nutrition” of God’s Word.

Today I proclaim : I speak words of love, encouragement and peace.
God gives me wisdom to speak His Word even in the most trying of circumstances. I
open my mouth in faith and He gives me the perfect words to say. I will now praise Him
with the sweet, clear words of my mouth. (Praise Him for who He is and for filling your
mouth with words of life.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?
I start the day with a clean slate
I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas
Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:
Breakfast,
Porridge, Orange Juice

Snack,

Lunch,
Salad Box
Fruit

Snack,

Dinner
Pasta, Mince, Veg
Special K

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today:   20 Minute Praise Moves and 4299 Steps

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, please keep a guard on my lips so I will not
sin against You with my mouth. Please caution me in my heart if I am about to lie,
gossip or speak ill of someone. I say with David, “Let the words of my mouth and the
meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my
Redeemer.”

Reflections on the day- a reasonable day, working quite well, i am often hungry, but my stomach feels better, i need to drink more water though!

No comments:

Post a Comment