Search This Blog

Sunday 21 August 2011

Day 14 (Sunday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Luke chapters 10 through 13

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Where your treasure is, there your heart will
be also” (Luke 12:34).

What does it mean? Notice Jesus didn’t say “Where your heart is, there your
treasure will be also.” He said for us to focus on what we treasure, and then we’ll find
what our heart truly values.

As followers of Christ, our relationship with the Lord is our dearest treasure. The
presence of the Holy Spirit and the Word we’ve stored in our hearts are treasures we
have in these “earthen vessels.” Our relationships with loved ones are dear to us, but
putting God first ensures all other relationships will go more smoothly. By focusing on
the eternal treasure of our lives in Christ and valuing those things the Lord values; we
will never be spiritually bankrupt.

Those who do not have a personal relationship with God have other treasures:
people, possessions, money, power, reputation, sports, education, religion, and a host
of other things to which they attach their self-worth and security.
When I was involved in yoga and the New Age movement before I became a
follower of Jesus Christ, I shunned people who condemned me, but embraced those
Christians who seemed genuinely interested in me. One day a Christian man who
showed appreciation for my “spiritual” songs said, “You know Laurette, Jesus is the
Word of God.” I was willing to listen to him because he wasn’t a stranger lecturing me
on my sinful lifestyle. His words reverberated in my mind for weeks and I committed my
life to the Lord shortly thereafter.

One way to show the love of God to unbelievers is to ask the Lord to reveal to
you what they treasure, for then you will have a door to their heart. Show interest and
side with them in the area of their treasure and look for ways to share the good news of
Jesus Christ.

Today I proclaim (say aloud): Jesus is my treasure and my portion forever. Thank
You Father for sharing Your dearest treasure, Your Son, to redeem mankind and give
us new life. (Praise the Lord for who He is and for helping you speak to the hearts of
others with His love.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority.

I pray for the peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

 Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Cupcake

Lunch,
Sausage sandwich

Snack,
Magnum

Dinner
Cheese and pickle toastie
Cupcake

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 6951 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. Thank You, Lord, for giving me the key into the
hearts of people who are hungry and searching for You. As I go about my day today,
please give me the opportunity to shine the light of Your love into their lives so they will
be drawn to You.

Reflections on the day: not too good today with the kite festival, looking after grandchildren completely out of routine, it was a bit difficult/

No comments:

Post a Comment