Search This Blog

Monday 15 August 2011

Day 9 (Tuesday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Mark chapters 8 through 11

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Assuredly, I say to you, whoever does not
receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it” (Mark 10:15).

What does it mean? If the kingdom of God refers to God’s way of doing things,
and it must be received and understood as a little child, we run the risk of missing out
on much of what the Lord has for us by being too “grown-up.”
Grown-ups say, “I’ll believe it when I see it.” Children say, “I believe it, so I know
I’m going to see it!” Grown-ups say, “Don’t get your hopes up.” Children say, “Too late.
My hopes are way up!” Bible-based faith is similarly childlike, not childish.
Faith is the currency, the “coin of the realm,” of the kingdom of God. I call faith
believing and acting with the calm assurance that the Word of God is true—no matter
what the circumstances may say. Circumstances are only temporary; God’s Word is
eternal.
Is there a situation you’re facing that seems impossible? How would a Biblebelieving
child view that situation? Today you read where Jesus told His disciples, “With
men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”16
Receive God’s way of doing things like a child today. Don’t hoard your faith—
spend it! Pour your faith into something huge, gigantic, and stupendous (just like a child
would!). God turns the impossible into the possible, and the possible into reality!
Today I proclaim (say aloud): Lord, I know with You all things are possible. I
stretch my faith out like a child today and thank You in advance for turning impossible
situations around. Thank You for making a way where there seemed to be no way. I am
excited about what You are doing in my life and the lives of my loved ones. (Praise the
Lord for who He is and for restoring your childlike faith.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, Orange Juice

Snack,
Digestives

Lunch,
Cheese and tomato toastie

Snack,
Cake at community tea party

Dinner
Pork, New Pots. veg, gravy
Apple pie and custard

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 mins Power Praise, 8640 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, I receive the kingdom of God as a little child
and I enter it by faith. Thank You for showing me how to operate as an ambassador of
this kingdom, as an ambassador of Christ. Please give me the words to say to
encourage others to trust You like a child and walk before You like men and women of
God.

Reflections on the day- a satisfactory day, I went to a community tea party hosted by the Mayor so had cake, but once in a while shouldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment