Search This Blog

Thursday 25 August 2011

Day 20 (Saturday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: John chapters 17 through 21

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Thomas, because you have seen Me, you
have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed” (John
20:29).

What does it mean? God’s Word tells us, “the just shall live by faith,”38 yet many
of us still live by what we see and feel. Feelings are fleeting. What is seen is only
temporary.
The Weymouth translation of Hebrews 11:3 states, “Through faith we understand
that the worlds came into being, and still exist, at the command of God, so that what is
seen does not owe its existence to that which is visible.” What we see is made of the
substance of faith, so it is vital to our existence to become conversant in the language of
faith contained in the Word of God.

Those who believe in what they have not yet seen are blessed because their
faith is based on something higher than physical circumstances. Facts are subject to
change. Truth is higher than facts and cannot be changed. What science may call
“magical thinking,” Christianity calls faith. It is the substance of things hoped for and the
evidence of things not seen.

My favorite definition of “blessed” is this: “empowered to break through to
success.” Jesus is saying that you who believe are blessed. You are empowered by
God to break through to success in every area of your life. The Amplified Bible in I
Chronicles 14:11 calls God “the Lord of breakthrough.” Breakthrough is His specialty.
He will not let you be ashamed that you put your trust in Him. “For the eyes of the Lord
run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong on behalf of those
whose heart is loyal to Him.”39 You cannot fail!

Today I proclaim (say aloud): Jesus said I am blessed because I believe even
though I have not fully seen. Being blessed, I am empowered by God to break through
to success. I’m stepping up and stepping out in faith. I am stronger than I was 21 days
ago. With God all things are possible. Hallelujah! (Praise God for who He is and for
being the Lord of your breakthrough!)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Brownie

Lunch,
Chicken salad, fruit, yoghurt

Snack,

Dinner
Jacket pot, beans, cheese
chocolate

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 Mins Praise moves, 5809 steps


My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:


I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, I trust You to help me continue to develop
these healthier new habits I’ve been walking in the last few weeks. My body is the
temple of Your Holy Spirit and it is my joy to glorify You in my body and in my spirit,
which are Yours.

Reflections on the day

No comments:

Post a Comment