Search This Blog

Monday 22 August 2011

Day 16 (Tuesday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Luke chapter 23 through John chapter 2

My Scripture for today: “His mother (Mary) said to the servants, ‘Whatever He
says to you, do it’” (John 2:5).

What does it mean? At the beginning of Jesus’ ministry, Mary knew better than
anyone else that her Son was more than just a man. When the wedding hosts ran out of
wine Mary believed that her Son could help. She told Him, “They have no wine.” A
casual reading of Jesus’ reply might cause us to think He was being insensitive or
abrupt with His mother by saying, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with
Me? My hour has not yet come.” However, the Weymouth translation gives greater
clarity and seems in keeping with the character of our Lord. “‘Leave the matter in my
hands,’ He replied; ‘the time for me to act has not yet come.’”
Immediately Mary told the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it.”
Have you found yourself asking, “When, Lord, when?” or “Why, Lord, why?” It
may seem He is not acting on some pressing issue. You may wonder if He even cares. I
have good news for you today. The One who measures the oceans in the hollow of His
hand knows the weight of every matter which concerns you. He knows the exact
moment to take action. God’s timing is not our timing because His timing is always
perfect.
Cast the whole of your care on the Lord today and hear Him say to you, “Leave
the matter in My hands. The time for Me to act has not yet come.” Then whatever He
tells you to do in His Word and in your heart, do it.
Today I proclaim (say aloud): “Those who wait on the Lord shall renew their
strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary,
they shall walk and not faint.”25 I wait on the timing of the Lord, letting patience have its
perfect work in me that I may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.26 (Praise the
Lord for who He is, for His perfect timing and for perfecting everything that concerns
you.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas
Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,

Lunch,
Chicken Burger and chips - Wimpy
Muffin

Snack,
McFlurry - MacDonalds

Dinner
Apple sponge and custard

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 3548 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, whatever You tell me to do I will do. I will not
race out ahead of Your perfect timing, nor will I lag behind. My life is in the safest of all
possible places: Your hands.

Reflections on the day- Had to take Ili to Banbury today so completely out of routine eating on the go

No comments:

Post a Comment