Search This Blog

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 3 (Wednesday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Matthew chapters 11 through 14

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Either make the tree good and its fruit good,
or make the tree bad and its fruit bad; for a tree is known by its fruit” (Matthew 12:33).
Write today’s scripture in your journal.

What does it mean? Just like an apple tree will yield fruit after its kind, the Spirit
of God is yielding fruit in our lives after the Spirit. The nine fruit of the Spirit listed in
Galatians 5:22 are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
gentleness, and self-control. Every time we “put to death” the desires of the flesh to lash
out in anger, give in to temptation, or follow any number of selfish “me first” desires, we
are yielding to the fruit of the Spirit. The more we yield to the Spirit of God day-by-day,
the stronger and healthier the good fruit becomes; the more we are transformed into the
image of our Lord from glory to glory.7

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I thank You Lord that You are cultivating the fruit of
the Spirit in my life. I choose to yield to love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (Praise Him for who He is and for developing
the fruit of the Spirit in your life.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:
Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,

Lunch,
Salad Box
Pineapple

Snack,
Digestive

Dinner
Pasta, Mince, veg
Fruit, meringue ice cream

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: I completed the Walking Wisdom Workout and walked 4671 steps,

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, as I go about my day today if I become
tempted to yield to the bad fruit (the works of the flesh), I ask that You remind me to
yield to the good fruit of the Spirit within me. I commit my day and my life to You today,
and ask You to help me be a blessing to all I meet.

Reflections on the day - Once again a pretty satisfactory day.

No comments:

Post a Comment