Search This Blog

Saturday 20 August 2011

Day 13 (Saturday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Luke chapters 7 through 9

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “No one, having put his hand to the plow, and
looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God” (Luke 9:62).

What does it mean? I’ve never physically put my hand to a plow to till the soil, but
I’ve put my hand to a number of projects over the years. One of the main objectives
when using a plow is to go forward in a straight line. If a farmer continues to look back
over his shoulder at what he has already plowed, he’ll start veering off in the wrong
direction. I’ve made that mistake while driving, only to catch myself going off onto the
shoulder of the road and correcting myself with a quick “Thank You, Jesus!”
The Amplified Bible offers greater clarity to Jesus’ admonition, “No one who puts
his hand to the plow and looks back [to the things behind] is fit for the kingdom of God.”
If the kingdom of God refers to God’s way of doing things in the here and now, we know
He doesn’t want us to be imprisoned by the things of the past. Faith is walking a straight
path forward no matter what happened to discourage us ten years ago or ten minutes
ago.
Perhaps you’ve looked back with longing to the way your life was when your
children were small, or when you were first married; to a long-lost love or the way your
body looked when you were 18! The Lord is telling us that dwelling on the past makes
us unfit to operate in the kingdom of God today. It’s not that He judges us unworthy, but
rather we are unable to act in faith today if we are pausing to consider yesterday.
Remember Lot’s wife!

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I don’t look back, but I look straight ahead. God is
my source of all good. He is able to make all grace abound toward me, that I, always
having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work.23
(Praise the Lord for who He is and for setting His joyous purpose before you.)
What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart


Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Biscuits

Lunch,
Cheese and pickle toastie

Snack,

Dinner
Jacket pot, salad, cheese, beans
Meringe, fruit, ice cream

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 mins power praise, 9241 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today: 

I commit my day to the Lord. I entrust my day to You, Lord. I keep my focus on
Jesus, the Author and Finisher of my faith. I look straight ahead knowing Your Word is a
lamp to my feet and a light to my path. If I stumble, I will not fall, for I know You will lift
me up.

Reflections on the day

No comments:

Post a Comment