Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Day 17 (Wednesday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: John chapters 3 through 6

My Scripture for today: “Then Jesus said to the twelve, ‘Do you also want to go
away?’ But Simon Peter answered Him, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the
words of eternal life’” (John 6:67, 68).

What does it mean? Jesus, the Bread of Life, had just finished teaching at the
synagogue in Capernaum where He said, “Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood
has eternal life.” At this point there were more than 12 followers of Christ. Other men
and women and their families traveled with Him. Yet when they heard this difficult
teaching many of them grumbled and were offended. From that point on those who had
only followed Jesus because of the signs and wonders He performed went back to their
old lives.

New converts and immature Christians can become quickly offended. Jesus
spoke of this in His parable of the sower. The seed of the Word which fell on the stony
ground (representing new or immature believers) sprang up quickly but withered away.
There were no “roots” to their faith. “They believe for a while,” Jesus said, “and in time
of temptation fall away.”
Disciples, however, consider Jesus to be more than “fire insurance.” To them He
is not only Savior, but Lord and Master over all aspects of their lives. Peter saw more
than signs and wonders when he saw Jesus. He saw the One who has “the words of
eternal life.” No matter how hard the sayings of Jesus were, he and the other disciples
knew there was no one like Him.

Even though they made mistakes and stumbled, the ones who continued on with
Jesus bore fruit like the seed sown on good ground. “Having heard the word with a
noble and good heart (they) keep it and bear fruit with patience.”

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I am a disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I follow
Him because He has the words of eternal life. I give attention to God’s words; I incline
my ear to His sayings. I do not let them depart from my eyes. I keep them in the midst of
my heart; for they are life to me and health to all my flesh.29 (Praise the Lord for who He
is and for His eternal Word.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends .
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas.

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,

Lunch,
Chicken salad
Cake

Snack,

Dinner
Potato, cheese, bacon, bean pie
Sponge and custard

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 min power praise, 12103 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. I love You, Lord and cherish Your words of life. I will
let nothing come between us. Thank You for Your perfecting hand at work in my life
today.

Reflections on the day

No comments:

Post a Comment