Search This Blog

Thursday 18 August 2011

Day 12 (Friday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Luke chapters 3 through 6

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Launch out into the deep and let down your
nets for a catch” (Luke 5:4).

What does it mean? The Lord invites us to come to Him and receive everything
we need and we sheepishly hold out a thimble to carry home our blessings. It may not
be poor self image keeping us from receiving what the Lord has for us. It may be that
we don’t really expect to receive much. What do you expect to receive from God?
Jesus told Peter to trust Him—to launch out into the deep water and let down his
nets. Peter, an experienced fisherman, knew he had worked all night and caught
nothing. His mind and circumstances said there were no fish to be caught that day, but
to appease the Teacher he agreed to let down one net. I doubt he even launched out
very far from where they were. As you know, so many fish were caught that Peter’s net
broke and they filled two boats to the point of sinking. What would have happened if
Peter had launched out into the deep and let down all their nets?

Is the Lord asking you to trust Him? Is He asking you to launch out into the deep
and let down your “nets” for a haul? What is keeping you from taking action? Are you,
like Peter, looking at the seeming impossibility of the situation you face? Perhaps Peter
thought he was going to have to entice the fish to swim into the net himself, but he
didn’t. The supernatural is God’s responsibility. At the word of the Lord, let down your
nets for a huge, boat-sinking catch. He will fill it!

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I launch out into the deep and embrace all the Lord
has for me today. I expect great things of my God and King. I am not conformed to this
world, but I am being transformed by the renewing of my mind. By God’s grace I am
proving that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Praise the Lord for who He is
and for filling your “nets!”)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends

I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:


Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Walnut cake

Lunch,
Salad Box, Banana

Snack,

Dinner
Sausage, egg, fries,
Fruit, meringue, ice cream

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 mins Power praise, 7337 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. Lord, with You all things are possible, so I’m not
afraid to launch out into the deep. When You tell me to take a step of faith and trust You
today, I’ll do it. No more thimble-fulls for me! My nets are clean, mended and ready for
boatloads of Your grace, truth and love. I receive them by faith and step forward with
boldness today!

Reflections on the day: not too bad, failed at dinner couldn't make up my mind :(

No comments:

Post a Comment