Search This Blog

Sunday 21 August 2011

Day 15 (Monday) ~ Christian Fitness Program

Bible Reading: Luke chapters 14 through 18

My Scripture for today: Jesus said, “Were there not any found who returned to
give glory to God except this foreigner? Arise, go your way. Your faith has made you
well” (Luke 17:18, 19).

What does it mean? In the King James retelling of the ten lepers’ encounter with
Jesus, the Lord told the one who returned to give thanks, “Arise, go thy way: thy faith
hath made thee whole.” All ten were cleansed of their leprosy “as they went” in
obedience to what Jesus told them to do, but one was made completely whole when he
came back to glorify and give thanks to God. In my mind, that means all ten were
healed of leprosy, but nine may still have shown the scars of their sickness. Lepers
often had missing fingers and parts of their faces and bodies eaten away by that
horrible disease. I believe the one who fell at Jesus’ feet and gave thanks was totally
restored without a trace of leprosy.

Thanksgiving and glorifying God brings wholeness of spirit, soul and body.
Wholeness is the Hebrew understanding of peace (shalom): nothing missing, nothing
broken.
Our position in Christ gives us access to His peace and wholeness in every area
of our lives—nothing missing, nothing broken. So, arise! Your faith in Christ has made
you whole.
And if you are standing in faith believing for the complete physical manifestation
of the healing you’ve received, just keep on “wenting” (doing those things the Lord is
telling you to do!). Your faith WILL bear fruit!

Today I proclaim (say aloud): I am alive in Christ! I thank You Father God for
giving Your Son Jesus so we can experience the shalom of God—nothing missing,
nothing broken. I delight in giving thanks to God. In fact, Father I want to thank You for
three of the biggest blessings in my life: _______________, _______________, and
_______________. (Praise the Lord for who He is and for the blessings most of us have
taken for granted.)

What is the Lord saying to me in this scripture?

I start the day with a clean slate

I start the day with a clean heart

Prayer: I pray for the leaders of our nation and those in authority. I pray for the
peace of Jerusalem and for the safety and effectiveness of our military at home and
overseas. I now lift up the needs of my family and friends (Journal).
I offer up my personal prayers today. Lord, I pray for Your help and guidance in
these areas

Jesus said, “Whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive
them, and you will have them.” I believe I receive the answer to my prayers now. Thank
You, Father!

My Food Plan I commit to today:

Breakfast,
Porridge, orange juice

Snack,
Biscuits

Lunch,
Salad Box
Banana

Snack,
Cupcake

Dinner
Chicken, pots, veg, gravy
Apple sponge, custard

Tummy Curfew: I commit to stop eating by 3 hrs. before bedtime.

My Exercise Plan I commit to today: 30 mins power praise, 10200 steps

My Top Three Goals this Year Are:

Three Things I commit to do today:

I commit my day to the Lord. I rejoice in the Lord always. I stir up thankfulness in
my heart today. Lord, as I go about my day, please remind me of the many blessings in
my life. I commit my will and my life to You.

Reflections on the day, not too bad a day really

No comments:

Post a Comment